Benefits of AKSE Membership
We are Embracing.
At AKSE you will:
- Find a caring community, one that joins you in celebration in good times and envelops you with support in times of difficulty.
- Have access to the caring pastoral and counseling services of our spiritual leader, Rabbi Steven Saks.
- Share a focal point for supporting important causes and responding to communal concerns. We actively support Israel and help Mary Campbell Center residents open gifts on December 25, just to name a couple.
We are Engaging.
At AKSE you are encouraged to:
- Come to Shabbat Services. Enjoy Rabbi Saks’ engaging and enlightening sermons….and stay for a delightful, social Kiddush
- Join our active Sisterhood and Men’s Club groups
- Get involved in rewarding volunteer activities
We are Enriching.
At AKSE you will find:
- A place to express your belief in G-d or to seek answers to theological, philosophical and ethical questions
- A musical congregation–with a High Holiday choir, Klezmer band, and adult folk dance group, and a more than 60 year tradition of presenting an annual musical celebration of Israel’s Independence Day.
- A varied and rich offering of events, programming and classes to entertain, educate and involve you.
In addition, we offer:
- High Holiday Sanctuary Seating at no extra charge
- Free subscription to our Shofar newsletter and informative e-mail blasts
- Travel opportunities, such as the Rabbinical Community trip to Israel and the AKSE delegation AIPAC Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Free burial plot, in accordance with bylaw rules