Welcome to Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth!
Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth is a traditional congregation in Wilmington, Delaware, located a few minutes from Exits 8 and 9 off of I – 95, just north of Wilmington. You can find us on Google Maps: 4412 Washingt-
We are an embracing, engaging and enriching congregation, and welcome you wherever you are in your spiritual journey.
For a listing of current events and activities, please read our current newsletter, by clicking AKSE Newsletter – May 2, 2015 where you will also find our weekly service schedule. Or, you can jump directly to our Classes, Events & more page.
Would you like to be on our email distribution list? Click here to join the AKSE email distribution list.
Save the Date for Cafe Tamar –
Sunday May 17th, 6:30-8:30 PM
Musical celebration of Israel featuring performers from throughout the community. Performances include dancing, singing and instrumental music. Since this year’s event is on Yom Yerushalayim, there will be a special focus on Jerusalem. Admission is $10 in advance by May 14th. $12 at the door, and $5 for children under 12. Please contact the AKSE office at (302) 762-2705 or email@example.com for more information.
Minyanaires 70th Anniversary Celebration –
Sunday, May 17th 9:00 AM
70 years of memories is the theme for the 70th anniversary celebration and reunion of the AKSE Minyanaires program. The event will be held on May 17th, starting at 9:00 A.M.
Minyanaires is a post bar mitzvah program for teenagers that combines prayer, discussion, breakfast and fellowship. This reunion will feature the morning service, led by the current Minyanaires, a sumptuous breakfast and former Minyanaires, speaking on their experiences, of what this program has meant to them. Over 100 former Minyanaires attended the 60th reunion held in 2005. Special recognition will be given to multi-generation Minyanaire families as well as past Minyanaire Moms and Dads.
- Are you a former Minyanaire?
- Are you the parent of a Minyanaire who does not live in the area any longer?
- Are you a minyanaire Mom or Minyanaire Dad?
- Do you know someone who is a former Minyanaire who may not be aware of this event?
If you answered yes to any of the above, save this date.
- Inform your out-of-town child or your out-of-town friend and make sure they are aware of this event.
- Contact the AKSE office now and tell them of your intention to attend.
- Make sure that the office has your current contact information (mailing address, e-mail address, phone number).
As we do not have a current, comprehensive list of past Minyanaires, it is important that we rely on you to spread the word! All former Minyanaires are requested to call the AKSE office at (302) 762-2705 to provide current contact information. Interested members of the community who would like to attend should also call the synagogue office. For specific questions, please call Joel Panitz at (302) 478-4726.
PIZZA & PARSHA CLASS is back!!
Pizza & Parsha discussion class led by Rabbi Saks is open to the community and meeting regularly on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Pizza is fresh from Levy’s Kosher Pizza restaurant. Only $2.00 a slice! Advance reservations are not required.
Buy Gift Cards and Support AKSE !!!
An easy way to support AKSE
- It Costs You NOTHING (Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada)
- You Get a Gift Card in the Exact Amount … AKSE Gets 5%
- No Service Charges … No Fee … No Excuses!!!
Two fast and easy ways to purchase:
#1: Come to the synagogue during normal business hours and purchase them directly from our friendly office staff and on Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
#2: Call the AKSE office (302) 762-2705.
- Tell them what you want. They will mail them to you that day.
- You pay for them (by check) within seven (7) days.
- Shop Rite, Super Fresh, Acme, Super G ($50, $100 cards)
- Walgreens ($100 cards)